Pages

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Learning to Embrace Change


I recently made a conscious effort to make some changes in my life.  You see, on April 22, 2012, I injured my right wrist.  That injury, lead to limited use in my hand, which lead to my compensating with my previously injured left hand…and long story short, by May, I had limited use in both of my hands.  As a writer, this was especially devastating.  As a human being, I was terrified that I wasn’t going to heal up, and be the same person I was before.

It turns out, I was only partially right.  I’d forgotten that “change” is inevitable.  Everything changes, regardless.  That’s life.  The good news is, I am healing.  More good news, I’m NOT the same as I was before.

“Change is the way of life.  It throws you when you forget it is your best friend.”
~Tai Sheridan, Secrets Of True Happiness

My injury helped me see that I’ve been living in a holding pattern.  I suppose it happens to the best of us.  I got so wrapped up in the day-to-day stuff, that I forgot how to truly enjoy what I have right now.  I thought about my past and dreamed of my future, but “now,” wasn’t a priority.  But, starting in June, I decided to make some small adjustments, and the universe has been responding in ways that I couldn’t have imagined.  It’s been a positive experience, all around.  I felt as though I spent more living during the month of June, than I normally do in six months.

Now that July is here, I want to continue to grow, to experience living in “now.”  I decided to kick off the month by making a creative space for myself.  I went into more detail on my Wordpress site, yesterday.  Today is the first time I’ve gotten to use my desk in my new space.  I was a little concerned that parking my desk in front of a window would be too distracting.  My garden view is a raggedy one.  But so far, I like the natural light while I work.  I imagine it will get hotter in the afternoon, but I do my best writing in the morning, so I don’t think that will be an issue.  We will see…

Enjoy the day!
Juli

2 comments:

  1. ha ha! I just read the other one :p Glad to see the wrists are having an effect for the good! It's so much easier sometimes to spiral down instead of up :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hugs, Jo!!! Thank you for being such a great influence on me. You have no idea how much your kind words helped me, esp. when I was hurting. Thank You!

      Delete