Pages

Thursday, July 5, 2012

View from my desk

  
We call this one "Jackson."
This summer has been especially dry out.  I feel sorry for the critters.  Earlier this year, we began to put out fresh water in dish on our porch…for whoever needs it.  I change out the water at least once a day, so mosquitoes are not an issue; and it’s not that I’m trying to “feed the neighborhood.”  Honest!  I usually don’t feed any critters unless they ask, including the human variety.  J  But that said, I can’t stand the idea of ANY animal dying, due to lack of water or dirty/bad water.  Puddles are not a clean source of water, especially since I have an older car that likes to leave puddles of its own.  Yikes!  I park it on the gravel part of our driveway, but even still...

View of my porch from my window.
Now that I’m writing at my desk, and my desk is in the window, I’m seeing first hand how important fresh water is.  Plus, it’s fun.  I have more visitors than I thought.  Birds drink out of it, cats drink out of it, bees and wasps occasionally do aerial acrobatics over it, and though I’m not a fan of “Mr. Woodchuck,” judging by the dirt I sometimes find, I think she’s enjoying it, too.  Very cool!!!


Random pretty cat that stopped by. 





I LOVE my “new to me” writing space!

Have a great day!!!

Juli


2 comments:

  1. Yay for random cats! We used to do this but then they put black top all around our apartment (yes, this makes it well over 100 all the time directly outside our door/windows) and so it dries up too fast :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes! I suppose they did it for ease of maintenance...but still, a view of blacktop and parked cars, yeah...not the greatest. Plus, I'm sure it's hotter than an oven inside. "They paved paradise, and put up a parking lot." Now that song's going to be stuck inside your head all day! ;)

      Delete